Autumn has arrived, and although the cold has not yet made an appearance sooner or later begin to feel it. A simple action that is effective but also decrease heating costs in several ways. In an eco friendly home, heating is synonymous with energy footprint and, on the other hand, a shock when it comes to receiving the bill. How to lighten both one and the other? In this post we give you five basic tips to control heating costs not become mission impossible.
Although it may seem logical advice, even something obvious, in fact they are the best work . In addition, not because they are applied with greater assiduity. Quite the contrary, in many cases the opposite happens, and it is precisely for this reason that it is important to remember them.
Others, however, are as curious as effective advice, and as much as others help us achieve our goal: a comfortable home, which let ‘s not cold or by low temperatures or by the amount of the dreaded bill.
This also help the planet, as low power consumption means lower carbon footprint and, therefore, emissions savings. Everything is advantages, therefore, and achieving them is as simple as proposing it and following suggestions like these:
1. Use the thermostat intelligently: Use the thermostat can play for us but also against. If we seek to reduce the consumption of heating without going cold, its is to adapt its use strategically.
For example, do not program it to turn on several hours before our arrival, not even an hour before. It would be more advantageous to set a limit value as a threshold from which the house is heated to kill the feeling of cold, so when we get home we will increase the heating by a few degrees and we will quickly get a comfortable temperature.
It will not be much use if we program a general heating of the whole house, being able to be selective and, on the other hand, closing the rooms that we do not use.
2. Getting used a little cold: Every person is different , says the famous phrase. A saying that comes to us that is not painted to introduce this point, because the truth is that each of us have our own tolerance to the cold.
Discovering it and trying to force it a little lower is a good measure to adjust the temperature and spend less, while we will feel more active. Or, for example, we can follow the following advice, looking for those clothes that both help us to stop feeling cold.
3. Well sheltered, also at home: Supplementing the lack of clothing with a higher heating is squandering energy. It is not about being home with scarf and gloves, but if we can shelter ourselves while being comfortable will be a plus when it comes to reducing energy expenditure.
4. Windows, blinds and curtains: Watch these elements (windows, shutters, blinds and draperies) is another way to better retain heat indoors. On the one hand, the windows should fit well, so it may be necessary to apply insulation tapes specially designed for this purpose.
Similarly, blinds are best to lower them at nightfall and, ideally, to raise them only in the central hours of the day. It will be easy to do it if our activities and schedules allow us or, in any case, at least close them when it gets dark. For its part, the curtain helps prevent the cold from caving, just as it is important to monitor that there are no cracks in the walls or make use of the shutters.
5. Keep an eye when ventilation: early in the morning can turn your home into a real fridge in just a few minutes. While those few minutes are enough for the air to be renewed, doing so when temperatures are particularly low is discouraged if we want to save on heating. The alternative is to wait at noon or other time when the cold is less intense.